How to Choose the Perfect Outdoor Light Fixture for Your Home?
Outdoor light fixtures can be a great addition to your yard. Considering that most of us live in cities where we don’t have access to natural light, using outdoor lights is a great way to bring some life into our own backyards. Not only do they give off a comforting ambiance without being too bright, but they also offer security and safety for children and pets playing outside at night.
When it comes to outdoor lighting, there are a lot of different options to choose from. So how do you know which one is the right fit for your home? Here are a few tips to help you make the best decision possible.
First, you need to ask yourself how many outdoor light fixtures you want. On average, there are nine light fixtures per 100 feet of sidewalk or driveway that leads into your home. If this is something you like to do, then be sure to get the right number of outdoor light fixtures for your space.
Around 12% of homes have porch lights. You also need to consider porch lighting; some people like their porches completely lit up while others prefer the subtlety of shadows on their porch.
If there are trees or other things blocking your outdoor light fixtures, then you may want to get floodlights that can help illuminate those areas.
Be sure to think about how far your outdoor light fixtures will be from where people will be walking. The further away they are, the less bright they should be. However, if you want to maximize their impact or illuminate a large area then you may want to get brighter outdoor lamp posts.
Finally, consider the color of your exterior lights. White and yellow lights make a home look more welcoming while blue lights can give off a cool impression. If you want to add some color to your home, then orange, pink or red will do the trick perfectly.
When it comes down to it, outdoor light fixtures are not only about helping people see outside but also creating ambiance so people feel more comfortable in your yard. When buying outdoor light fixtures, remember that there are a lot of options to choose from.
There are many different types of outdoor light fixtures to choose from, and each one has its own unique benefits. Here are just a few of the most popular types:
- Solar lights: Solar lights are a great option for people who want to save money on their electricity bills, because they run entirely on solar power. They’re also a great choice for people who want to be environmentally friendly, because they don’t produce any pollution.
- Hanging lights: Hanging lights are a great way to add some character to your yard. They come in a variety of styles, colors, and sizes, so you can find the perfect ones for your home.
- Lamp posts: Lamp posts are perfect for people who want to add a touch of class and sophistication to their yard. While they’re definitely more expensive, they’re also incredibly luxurious and worth the investment if you can afford them.
- Outdoor lanterns: Outdoor lanterns come in several different styles, such as tiered or cylinder (the most popular). They provide a lot of light and are a great addition to any home.
- Track lighting: Track lighting is perfect for people who want to highlight different areas of their yard, such as flowerbeds or ponds. They can be expensive, but they’re worth it if you decide you want more than one track light in your yard.
If you’re looking for a way to make your yard stand out from the rest, adding outdoor light fixtures is a great solution. Not only do they provide lots of light for safety and comfort, but they also add a touch of class that will impress all of your guests.